What is the stuff of life? According to the Macmillan Dictionary, “stuff” can be:-
- A variety of objects or things.
- Things that belong to a particular person or activity or in a particular place.
- Things that aren’t important.
- The basic material or substance that people use for making something.
- Used for talking about a substance or material when you don’t know the correct name.
- Qualities that are an important special part of something, for example a person’s character or experiences.
- Qualities, activity, or behaviour that are especially negative or upsetting.
- General information.
- Used for saying that what someone says or thinks is nonsense.
So, stuff is important, useful and interesting. And, at the same time, it can be nonsense or negative. I like words that do that. It’s probably why I chose it to name the place for all the content that didn’t belong anywhere else. I think it’s the most interesting but least useful part of my website.
I think it’s the most interesting but least useful part of my website. So, it really is “my stuff”. The stuff of life.
I hope you enjoy reading about this stuff:-