What angel Sam taught me about life
It’s hard to say if my recovery from depression would have stayed on course if I’d never met Sam. I do know that he changed my life.
When the setbacks come along, I think of Sam and his fighting spirit. And how he made everyone fall in love with him because of his friendly, trusting nature.
Here’s what I learned from Sam the Samui Street Dog:
- Bad stuff happens. But fantastic things happen too if you stay positive and give life a chance to lick you in the face.
- When you get knocked down, you get up again. As many times as it takes.
- Life’s full of fun. Every moment is there to enjoy.
- Most people are good. Trust everyone until they give you a reason not to do so. Trust your instincts.
- When you have good friends, everything will turn out fine.
- Love is the best thing in the world. Love can make dreams come true.
- Whatever happens, wag your tail. Fast.
- It’s not about how long you live. It’s about how you live.
- I’m a decent person who followed through on my promise to Sam to give him a great life.
- I can cope with anything that life throws at me.
- I’m loved by great people.
- I want to be like Sam.
Thank you, Sam. Dear Sam the Samui Street Dog, Sam of Scotland, RIP.